Friday, August 6, 2010

Windy Day...burnt, whacked, wow!



Last night before going to bed I had to rush down and pick Belle up from the Groomers. She was "feminized". From sheep to fancy poodle.

Today we spent some time between shows working with her for future performances. She will do anything for a treat. I fear, though, she will miss Cynthia miserably when she heads off to college later this month.







Mami performed in 2 shows today and nailed her juggling everytime. Titus also performed. The crowds love him in spite of his disability.

































The weather was a sharp contrast to earlier in the week. It was cool and comfortable. We were threatened once with rain but all the cloud could muster was a very light sprinkle. Then it was nice. Windy, but nice. Very very windy, but nice.

The wind was so bad at one point I had a flash back during a fire blow and I scourged my face burning my chops and eye brows. It was obvious to the audience too. They were kind. Still the episode shook me a little and I kept screwing up my script and the order of the show. The kids are used to me doing stuff like that but this time is was because I was a bit shaken. Later Miles would whack my hand again. I understand that there is always risk and we have done 94 shows so far on this tour. It wasn't as bad as the hit last week. But it smart for a while.
We did four shows today and all but the last one had high winds. Jim had to cut back on a few stunts like balancing the wheel barrow on his face and a few juggling tricks due to the crazy wind. But the audience still loved him. His apple eating juggling was a major hit in the last show.
One awesome thing about having Mami here is home cooked meals. Today it was spaghetti with Italian sausage. Very nice.
Mami has had quite an adjustment getting used to the tour. She still gets a little frustrated since with us it's constant move, move, move. And she is a slow moving, slow preparing person. She likes to think and sometimes over think things. But on the road no time for that. Adjusting to her roll has been tough too. She is the cook, Titus care giver and juggles every once in a while. The kids sometimes take advantage of her letting her do their tasks as well. But I have scolded the kids and they are taking up their duties like they should always have done.
The generator on our RV is broken. Apparently the solenoid that controls fuel flow cut off is broke. One of the mechanics at the park discovered the problem so I had to go on a search for the part. Just my luck the part can only be bought with a new carburetor. $200 later the part will be here on Monday. I may try to put it on myself if it isn't too time consuming. If not I will pay one of the mechanics to do it.
I have also started building a new trick for the show. I bought the would and some tools. Also the machine shop is letting me use their tools. I will share more on this when it is done.
I also hope to build a trick to make Belle the Wonder Dog appear. More on that later too.
The hotel staff here are really nice. I think all of them are from Albania. There are many Albanians here.
Well, cheers for now!

No comments: