Thursday, June 19, 2008

Weird Flashback----like the movies



While filming this week I experienced a moment I thought only existed on TV and in movies.


During our Sword Suspension illusion each Kent Kid is introduced to the audience officially for the first time to the audience. I start from the youngest and work up to the eldest. As I introduces 18-year old Jugglin' Jim I turned my head in the direction of my outstretched arm which was pointing at the soon to be college student we call Jim. It was weird but for a half a second as I saw his crooked smile and sparkling eyes I saw a 6-year old version of Jim walk out on stage. Like I said it was an instantaneous flash but it was as clear as day...like when they show a father looking at his grown-up child and see the little child int he movies. It was weird! In that half-a-second I also had a flood of emotion; happiness, nostalgia, sadness (to see him grow sooooo fast), pride, etc, etc, etc.


I think it was triggered with Jim having reached adulthood and will be leaving the show during the school year for college. He will be with us on Summer gigs and on other vacation times but the season of Full time Jugglin' Jim has come to an end....

No comments: