Thursday, December 11, 2008

A followup

I was feeling a little down that last night's show's audience was less than my favorite (always striving for perfection, I guess...and the AUDIENCE-FACTOR IS MOSTLY OUT OF MY HANDS). When this morning I received a email from the HR director of the company for which we performed. Here is the email (minus the personal info of the person):
Last night we put on our annual holiday celebration for our employees children, an event in which you and your children have also attended for the past 2 years. I wanted to take just a few minutes to thank you so much for the entertainment that your family provides us with. It does not happen very often but my children ages 5 and 11 actually sat still for more than 3 minutes. Although I was a little grossed out by the “Nail In The Nose” trick the rest of the show was great. Your children are all beautiful (tell Jugglin’ Jim that is not a bad thing) and they all seemed to enjoy what they were doing. Again thank you for helping us celebrate, and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season
Warmed my heart and made me feel much better. It was a good start to a great day...booked another show for this month and confirmed a gig for January with a potential booking in May calling in.

No comments: