Tuesday, April 17, 2012

World Circus Day Proclamation and more

Click on the photos to make them larger.

Today The Feather River Recreation and Parks District and the City of Oroville Gave us proclamations declaring April 21 as World Circus Day. 
For the first time in a long time I was nervous going in front of a crowd. It was the city and citizens of Oroville. The plaque they gave us was beautiful. 
We entered the chambers to the sound of fiddling. The local Old Time Fiddlers were being recognized and several young fiddlers performed before the open session of the council meeting.  
After that the Mayor told of her visit to Oroville Christian School yesterday and her invitation to the students to come to the meeting to lead in the pledge of Allegiance.  It was cool. She had so many wonderful things to tell about how polite and smart those kids were. 
Then after a couple of other proclamations Amelia and I were called up and we went before the council as the Mayor read the proclamation.  It was cool and the plaque was much more than we expected. 







On other notes: today JC Dunn and I hit our favorite Chinese place, Tong FOng Low, and enjoyed a great meal. I had to limit my portions and we had to go on a long walk afterwards because I got news from my doc yesterday that I have HIGH ldl cholesterol. He wanted me on drugs but I asked for a few months of exercise and controlled eating habits. He agreed. My blood pressure was 120 over 64 and I am only 8 lbs over weight but I have been lethargic and lazy during our down time. So I will start moving about more.  With tour approaching I have no choice.   
The RV is in the shop having it's once a year check prior to the tour. 
All in all it was a good and busy day... A good and busy day.

No comments: