Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sonoma Harvest Fair 2 Pumpkin thief and Bloody Nose


Interesting Day. Being on the coast we awoke to fog so I rolled over and slept to ot near 10AM. The kids ate a sad b-fast offered up by the hotel.  Sadly it is impossible sometimes to tell what a hotel offers for b-fast until you get there. Their online descriptions are cryptic at best. 
We made up for it with a Subway lunch. We stopped by the store on the way to the fairgrounds. 
Being Saturday the fairgrounds were much busier today. Every show had great audiences. But the strangest one was the last one. 
There was one lady who nearly yanked her 8 year old's arm out of it's socket to get her as a volunteer for a trick that I was searching for adults and teens. I let the little one come up for the part of the timer for a trick but the mom went and sent her other kid up as well while my back was turned. Se was around 4. I was surprised to see the extra kid there when I turned around. But I let her stay.  The same mom told me I should reward them with a pumpkin decorating the stage. I told her they belonged to the fair and not mine to give away.  A few minutes later she pulled her husband off to the side and as I performed I noticed they were "plotting" something by their body language. Then she came over and took a big pumpkin from in front of our stage and put it in their baby carriage.   Then she pushed it off around the corner.  She came back and picked out another big one, right in front of everyone and hurriedly ran off with it.  Then Her hubby came down and grabbed one. I explained they belonged to the fair and he shouldn't take one. He seemed embarrassed and put it down and then lifted his 2 year old's dirty had up for me to give it a high five.  I did.  And her hurried off. Then mom came back to take another one.  By this time the show was over but we were still selling magic  and doing the wand tricks. She had removed her red jacket  as though I would not tell it was her. She grabbed on more. I said, "excuse me". No response. I repeated. Her back was to me and she was hurrying off. So I repeated it...all eyes were on her. She dropped the gourd and started to hurry off but then turn around and yelled , "shut up" to me.  She would do that a few more times. Everyone standing around was in awe. It was weird. Like a toddler getting in trouble.  We saw them sitting around int he distance for some time. Maybe hoping we would be gone and they could get another one. 
At the start of the show I opened as I always do with the Block head nail stunt. Well. I took my hat off to demonstrate while the nail is half way in that it can hold a hat. But on the down swing the hat hit the nail pivoting it into the membranes in my nose.  I told the audience this was going to be a bloody one.   It was.  After the show a spectator told me that she thought it was just a joke since I hid the blood from everyone. 
Jim's friend Jeremy who lives near here came out for a visit. That's him in the photo below. I also included some of Miles' pictures. He visited the Creation Museum in Ky today. 
 Olivia did her unicycle on stage for the first time today too. 











No comments: