Wednesday, November 14, 2012

AZ Fair Convention

Back for our thirst time here in Laughlin, NV, Vegas for old people win RVs.  Last year Mami and I came here. This year it is James who is with me. He is a natural with the meeting and creating contacts. He also get's to play the part of the Robot. We wanted to promote the robot more this year.
In fact we had him where a pith helmet and carry a Nurf shot gun for the "jungle" theme costume contest today.  I wore a Butt flap (loin cloth) and appeared as George of the jungle who has let himself go...that picture is coming. I made it to the final two in the judging and came in 2nd to a guy dressed in a Banana suit from Walmart....
Steven Rosen (a nice guy and great balloon twister) made this Anti  Monkey Butt Powder Monkey for me... including the red bottom. Great job. 

A great compliment came on the first day. A performer friend of ours who we've know for a while finally saw our show this summer. When I ran into for the first time this year he told me that he had a comment on our show but it may come out wrong. He said he wasn't sure what he had expected our show to be but having finally saw it he said that we had a surprisingly good show that was really entertaining.  He said he doesn't know how to classify our show (magic show, circus, vaudeville, etc) because it was so unique. 

I heard from home the dogs are missing me and protesting with pee and "tootsie rolls" .When Mami asked Tator Tot, while holding him like a baby, if he missed me he let out an obvious long loud sigh. Isn't that sweet. 

Last night at the Convention it was bowling night. I left my bag at the hotel and while bowling I had three back spams. No bag meant no pills so I hit the bar and Bourbon saved my night. I ended up bowling the best in our group, 135.  Jim was on my team as were a lady name Peggy and a gent named Mike. Both from different fairs. Both great folks. 

Today, beyond the costume thing, there was a showcase and performers demonstrated their talents. Scot Land (Marionettes), The Great Godfrey (Magician), Matt Baker (comedian juggler), Leaping Louie (the cowboy lasso, etc. act), and a bunch of musicians. 

Jim holds a real die in front of the 4' die in front of a hotel. 

More to come...




No comments: