Monday, August 12, 2013

Global warming...yeah right!

We arrived in U.P. Michigan (Escanaba) after a 16 hour drive....it was supposed to be 12.5.
Since it was late we dropped me, the trailers, and the RV at the fairgrounds and the rest went to the hotel. 9AM today they showed up.  My body wasn't ready for people that early. I am not as young as I once was. Those long drives are killers.  I still had road buzz (when you still feel like you are in a moving car with the road and engine, etc buzzing your body.)
Mami and the little ones (Victor is now one of the bigger ones) were still at the hotel so I took the van as the bigger ones set up the show and went to get the little ones after doing the errands, like food shopping.  I found a taco Bell and on a whim went in and had to tacos and a fruit punch for breakfast (it was noon) and that seem to snap my body into a better state. 
We had to deal with intermittent rain and constant wind today. By show time it was all wind. Ever eat fire int he wind....not as fun as it sounds.Our first audience was tiny. But foreboding clouds and the cold played a part of that.  The second show had a better crowd and the show went well in spite of global warming....my butt.
Our first show as also riddled with trouble from the sound system and wind related technical problems. We had learned to deal w/them by show 2. 
I went out as the robot after all the shows.   Boy does he bring smiles to faces....yeah he scares a few too. College aged kids seem to be the biggest jerks when strolling. you are trying to make kids happy and they have to take dares from friends and do stupid things. so my kids who play security for me have learned to be pretty tough on them.  But still, it sure is fun to play the part. 
Ryan celebrated his bday with us and Mami made him a spice cake...I didn't know so I bought him a cake. 
Cousin Wesley is doing a great job as clown. 















set up  starting in Mi.....will post after shots later.





No comments: