Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hypnosis- Manteca HS Grad Night

Many of you might not know but I also perform a Hypnosis act. After much study and schooling (of sorts) I have put together a pretty good program. First time I did the act was at the Riverside Orange Blossom Festival back in 06. They never had a hypnotist before so the concept was new and the crowd a little apprehensive....especially since we were on one of the side street stages and not one of the main stages (reserved for bands); the main stage were also in the beer garden areas and the event is also a big beer event.
I managed one old man volunteer who was induced easily and performed amazingly. As a result others came up and gave it a whirl. The show went OK with many funny bits.
Fast forward to last night. I now have more shows under my belt, mostly grad night or corporate environment. Last night wins for least able to concentrate group EVER. During the induction when they are supposed to stare at a point or object most couldn't maintain a gaze for more than 3 seconds. I lost all but three subjects. All but one of those would remain as I brought in a new group and did a faster shock style induction. Overall I had four subjects; 2 for the main body of the show and two for a dangerous stunt afterwards...walking on glass.
The 2 in the main body of the show wee awesome. Andrea and Josh. If I had even 2 more like them it would've been even better. Still the show went well and many came up afterwards to talk about hypnosis, particular routines, and stunts.
This season includes 3 more grad nights before we shift to a pure fair and festival and Cristian summer schedule.
I should mention that grad night shows start sometime after midnight. Last night was scheduled to go at 3 am but was brought up to 2:30am due to many students leaving the facility early. I was told almost half had left before we arrived. None left during the show.
Now...Look into my blog...stare at a point somewhere on the page. Concentrate and relax! You are getting sleepy...
......
......