Tuesday, June 1, 2010

WI to NE

The day started early and was bea-u-ti-ful!
We dropped the three big kids off at MKE airport (Milwaukee) and started our trek (the three young ones and I). The older ones would have to wait until 5:20Pm (I dropped them off at 10AM) and thunderstorms across the US would cause their flight time to be pushed back to 6 something.
While they waited the little ones and I had a great drive until about 30 miles out of Council Bluffs, IA when the radio announced really big storms passing through. We pulled into a Dairy Queen just in time. The skies opened up and it was rock and roll for about 45 minutes. While we waited it out I ate one of the worst burgers I have ever had. But that makes the story more fun in deed!
Amelia was scared and shivered quite a bit but daddy's lap seem to help make things better. Victor and Olivia put on brave faces.
We pushed it hard to get as far into NE as possible as it is one wide state and who really wants to spend six hours crossing it. If we lived in Ky we would be home now.
Tired! I will report more tomorrow.

No comments: