Monday, February 6, 2012

Tea Parties and Magical Walks

As most of America watched the Super Bowl our house was pretty quiet. Instead of adding to my expanding waist-line I decided to attempt the 6 mile loop around our town from my house east back to my house west. With the winter fat building up it was a tough walk and I have to admit it hurt. But it's several hours later and the Tylenol has done it's job.  I enjoyed the walk with  my good friend Bill Jackson.   As a means of refreshment we stopped by a local fast food joint to grab a small bite and a drink. While ordering I performed the Human Block head and some magic and mentalism and won for ourselves a couple of free onion ring orders. When we first went in the store was empty.  By the time we ordered there were two people behind us and they overheard we were getting free onion rings  (well, in fact we did work for them) and they asked how they could get the free rings. They were turned down and we got the skank eye from the lady behind us.   We call that a JC moment because dear friend JC Dunn constantly performs for people and constantly gets little treats or reduced room rates for his tricks. 

Meanwhile back at the house the girls had a guest. A church friend came over for the day and they dressed up, including their stuffed animals and had a tea party. They even baked their own cookies. 
As I limped in from the walk I found that their was one in my family watching the "game" in my bedroom. Miles had the game on and seemed to be enjoying it. Since I had no skin in the game, SF lost in the playoffs. I had no interest.  I did have interest in my bed and I found it most comforting to collapse on it. Even with the game on.  Happily it was over just a few minutes later and then silence.

No comments: