Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A video, some art and a six-mile walk!

Since we are in the "off season" the biggest problem is the spare tire problem. Mine has been getting thicker so I have recently took to taking walks. The longer the better, though my body argues with me on that point.  I mixed this chore with other chores. Like I walked around the far side of town to get to the down down area to meet with an advertising man, and I went to visit the local gymnastics academy to look into getting the kids into a class or two to keep themselves nimble and to possible learn a few things for the show, and the obvious health benefits.  I went with my friend, Bill Jackson. And along the way we stopped by a shop or two to browse and even perform a trick or two.  The video here is just me horsing around with magic and stunts. 
We didn't do any blocking or real planning so excuse any angle problems. We'll do better next time.



Happily the walk was broken up by a stop at a restaurant to meet with an ad salesman for a menu trivia ad book thingy you find at many restaurants around town. He was in made his pitch and out of there like wild fire.  So my salad didn't get cold. 
From there we hit them Gymnastics joint and checked on getting the kids in a class. I was amazed at the number of people from my church that go their.  One of them was even one of the coaches. 
As always the final hill up 10th street, the slow non stop grade, got me a huffin' and a puffin'.  I am, however, happy to report that I am not as wiped out as last time (Sunday).
Finally, 20 years ago today Cynthia was born into our family. We are blessed. She reported she is going to eat carrot cake and watch "Remember the Titans" (Director cut) to celebrate.


No comments: