Saturday, December 29, 2012

Catching Up (Christmas Holiday Part 1)

The title should tell you that this is going to be in at least two parts. The reason for this is I have pix and info on two different computers, not to mention my phone, so I will put what I have on my laptop (the computer I am blogging on now) and later my office desktop. So here she goes:

I suppose by many of the pictures you can see that a lot of the happenings at our house this time of year happens in the kitchen and the dining room. Lots of cooking, games and stuff.  

Since my memory is always foggy I will share with you a couple of things I don't have pictures of first.

We had a bit of a scare when Victor (he feeds and takes care of the animals, in theory), brought our small bunny , Harry Hare II, in from his cage with a major build-up of dry crackly stuff completely filling his entire ear and a little in the other ear.   Not knowing what it was I went to work with alcohol, tweezers, ear swabs, warm water and some to hold the light and another to hold the bunny. After fifteen minutes I had his ears cleaned out but  there was some bleeding and puss here and there. I washed it up and put topical antibiotics in the ears. Then I hit the computer and researched.  Serious ear mites!  I mean serious. So I set to researching treatments that would not involve a vet if possible since we are broke. I found that there really wasn't a need for a vet and the best solution was a solution of honey and warm water. The honey resists and fights infection and kills mites.  The treatment will continue for 29 days (not every day) so as to kill any that are in egg stage right now.  We then put Harry in a cage in my office to keep a close eye on him. He has been perky and his ears are looking really good. So it looks, as of now, that all is going well.

Mami and I are excited because we love OOOOOOld TV and the Game show network has put "I've got a Secret and What's My Line from the 50s and 60s back on late night so we have been enjoying that. Modern TV REALLY sucks so we are very excited to finally watch something worthwhile...they really knew how to dress back then.

OK so here are the pictures:

12/21/21...the Mayans or the folks who thought they knew what they were talking about were wrong!



Tradition: Sugar cookie decorating family party:












Fruit Salad Christmas eve....I started making this for Mami 24 years ago and we have kept it going for all those years...no the kids are in charge....











Also the traditional cinnamon roll passed down from my mom;;;;;;;;;

My Christmas morning pose:


By the way a few days before Christmas Midori stopped by. I made home made ramen and she gave us the is hand cutout picture...the colored parts are dried leafs:
















We received a package from Mami's family in japan and as always tore into it...all of us. As always it was filled with Japanese food items, candy and goodies of that sort. I got my usual Black Black gun, a very strong mint chewing gum.

















 Day after Christmas a walk in the mountains....boy were we pooped afterwards...I had to take the hike since the winter break and good food had taken a toll on my girth.
 Christmas eve Grandma and grandpa came over for cholocate yule log creme center cake...homemade, of course.

A long time ago the kids had a Mummy party at my parents house and they wanted to relive it. It included finger cookies, dirty cake, mummy wrapping, watching the old mummy movies and then a sleep over. 

And throughout there home stay they play cribbage and Skippo all the time.  The can often get others pulled into the web of fun and gaming...but not me. OK, I played Skippo once. 















 Little Girl got stuck in a hanger.
Buttercup has a baby Brother or sister...Butterscotch....it is a yellowish colored Ball Python, called a Pastel Ball Python.  Got it for a great deal from a big brand pet store that had it in the shop over a month and knocked a bunch of $$$ off. It is worth quite a bit more than even the regular price they were offering. But that is not here nor there...Olivia loved her Christmas Gift.



Now I still have more to show you and tell you but for now I will let it be as I have overloaded you with pictures and information....ok light on the info ....but more to come.

No comments: