Tuesday, July 8, 2014

TOURISM

this is our first day to play tourist.

Two nights ago we had the great honor to have dinner with the very famous, very kind, Lord loving flying Wallendas. I got a strange message yesterday by the youngest daughter of the Wallendas asking if we were at a certain RV camp. I said we were and how could she know. She told me her family was staying there. So set it up to have dinner together last night (Sunday). Tino (the dad) had a sky walk (tight rope over a high dangerous place) on Sat. So we we made the date and got to meet many branches of the Wallenda Family. All circus for many many generation. You have to understand that circus is not like the movie or book, Water for Elephants. It is a close knot group of highly trained, very serious, very careful group of talented people. Many of them are generational with families who have gone through hard times but stuck together to make it.
It was more than an honor to share a table with them, even ig JP cooked....just kidiing JP the burgers were awesome).

I am honored to know the Wallendas, especially since I am first generation circus. The kids are a little more accepted as second gens.

Yesterday we went to a church recommended by an rv neighbor that ended up being a "prosperity, name it and claim it" church.  We all stared at each other as we heard the Word of God warped and shaped into a get rich scheme. It made for great conversation on the way home.   Its always a gamble....but always a lesson.

As I type a storm the size or Missouri is passing over us.We have managed to avoid big storms and hope the tornado or flood siren doesn't go off.

We visited the Arch today, since Kyle had not seen it. We also visited the free museum under it.  Strange how a symbol for Western expansion turned into a politically correct and socially liberal beacon. Why not keep to the history it is related to? There was more "equal rights" stuff there than any other history, as though the arch was a symbol or equal rights.    I am not against all people of all blood being equal, that is Biblical, but I honestly believe that pushing it at people will only create more anger.   One man's opinion. Though I grew up in a very diversified area. And I am in a bi-racial marriage with most my friends a different color than me.   maybe I just don't get it.

We also hit a big outdoors store and mall today. Lots of fun there. By the time we hit the arch several t-storm lurked in the west so we high tailed to the rv.

As  I write we are in a storm the size or Missouri. But God has seem us through all the others so ther eis no worry here.

No comments: