Saturday, July 19, 2014

Mami's New look and the Fair

OK, since I am using "data usage" from my cell phone this will be fast:
First Mami has agreed to a new look for the circus shows...The blue in the hair is temporary and is applied before the show and removed after....paint of a type.
There is the after and the before shots in various stages.
Jim is still balancing whatever he can find...including giant garbage bins. and The girls discovered rock climbing.
The local supermarket is like stepping back into the 50s . The workers all wear white shirts and appropriate ties. There is even a butcher section instead of prepackaged meat. So when Mami sent me to get some Butterfly cut pork chops I couldn't see which was which, I only knew I was supposed to get them because they were a good price.  The clerk, wearing the old service garrison style hat asked me how many. I looked at Mami's note and notice she didn't list any amount. At regualr stores I just looked at the best sized package and took it.   So I thought and figured since there are 10 of us and chops are usually small I said, "ten please".  I waited as he weighed and a few minutes later he is handing me a paper wrapped package the size of a large baby. I had gotten ten lbs.   I suppose we will have pork for two nights in a row.  









No comments: