Monday, October 27, 2008

Calico Last Day - Red Ribbons - Family Fun Nite

Alrighty, we are back from Calico and Socal after a great Sunday at the Ghost Town. Normally Sundays at the town are slow but this Sunday was pretty busy. Still the festival drew fewer folks this year, mostly because of the economy and the fact there were several other events in the county this weekend. We had packed crowds at all three shows. And in spite of the fact that show 2 (AKA the 2pm Show) sucked, the other shows were great. I don't understand why 2pm show audience's are often quiet and hard to impress (maybe it's lunch settling and the heat). And here is the kicker, after the show we had a ton of folks telling us how much they enjoyed the show. In fact, many came back to the 4pm show...go figure.
Over the weekend Klaus the Blacksmith, after asking me if I knew how to throw knives, let me demonstrate with a knife he made from a Horseshoe. Eventually I had to stop because I was slowly tearing up the wood that made up the walls of the Blacksmith shop. He gifted me the knife.
The drive home was 8.5 hours and that meant we pulled in at 2:30...could've been sooner but fatigue and new road construction lead me off hwy 99 onto hwy 152 for about 5 miles and the 5 back plus 5 more south then 5 more north just to get to where I should've been nearly 20 minutes ago. Oh well.
4 hours sleep and we were up to go to a school a town away to perform a Red Ribbon show. 600 kids approved of the show. This show was only me, Miles and the two little princesses.
Back home it was a short nap and then an hour drive to a family fun nite at a school in the next county.
In case you can't tell...I am pooped.
More details of the above to come.

No comments: