Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A little better day....another booking.

So you like sagas. And you can't go on unless you know how yesterday's cliff hanger turns out. So you don't loose any sleep here it is. In a feeble excuse to just put mileage on the van so it can go in for the smog check due to the dead battery that cleared the computer, we drove one town over to Chico, CA, to the mall to get Mami a makeover so she can decide on her make-up for this year's shows. Turned out the Mall didn't have a single place that did that kind of thing. That' what we get for living int he boondocks. So we left and drove home. The drive brought us exactly 1/10th of a mile from where the mechanic could do the test. So I dropped everyone at home and drove the long way, just to make sure, to the garage. I was three miles more than I needed.

All was going well except my gas cap didn't pass the test. Can you believe it? Someone actually came up with a gas cap test. $15 for a new cap fixed that. Now before you think the shop was conning me they tested the locking gas cap I had on the van (which did have a bad seal) and the OME cap I saved (it was old). It passed.

I took the paperwork to DMV and for $157.00 my car is now legal in California. Add that to my list of reasons to 86 this state.

So far the day was going OK. Being Scotch decent I don't like spending money but the motherland required it of me...so what can a guy do. With a shrug I continue my day.

I avoid my office like the plague today. I just don't want to work so I take a gander at Facebook and notice a left wing rant my a FB friend. So I join in. One of his FB friends also joins in and calls me loose with the truth. Blood boils and I let loose a rant of my own and eventually get bored with having a battle of wits with people who are either half armed or unarmed. My biggest pet peeve with arguing with ideologies is they resort to name calling and then use unrelated equivocation to justify their rudeness.

Blood back to normal and boredom setting in I went on a honey-do run to the store for the wifey and find myself walking up and down every aisle looking at everything and nothing. Then back home.

Not wanting to be idle I decided to cut down some table legs of a prop that is 3" too high. I did a fair job of it until I noticed I cut one leg twice and one leg not at all. Now two legs are the right size, one is too short and one is too long. UGH I came in and sat at the settee in my office amazed at my incredible mistake.

Tempting fate I went out to the RV to Bondo up a small hole in the repair job I did from last summer's mishap at a gas station. That I can report went well....I think. That RV looked inviting so I took my cell phone in and laid out on the bed away from my squawking cockatoo and my whining son. I called our Iowa rep for the show and talked over this and that and some strategy....battery begins to die. So back inside I venture tomy office just in time for the phone to ring. It is an old client wanitng us back in May. Bingo we are booked May 17th at Country Oaks Baptist Church in Elk Grove, California.



In my wanderings today I went to the local Tractor Supply store and saw my sononsor's product Antin Monkey Butt Powder on the shelf near the register. Men's and Women!

No comments: