Monday, March 7, 2011

Updates (March7) What a day! (added show, stuck in the mud)



As was reported on this blog a few weeks ago we have partnered with a company whose product we really use and enjoy, Anti Monkey Butt Powder. Part of the partnership is having their ads on our tour vehicles. Here are some shots of the decals on the two trailers and the RV.

There are two ways t apply the decals, wet or dry. I tried dry first. Really tough with suck a large decal. Though hard to see there were a few crinkles in the application. So I went with wet application. It was so much easier and went on so well. Even over rivets. Only problem is if it rained. Fortunately those ominous clouds held their water and the application was a success!










I bet these are going to get a lot of attention on the road.

Riding easy with Anti Monkey Butt Powder. Talc and calamine powder that fights and repairs monkey butt...aka chaffing.


Also today I took a couple pictures of Olivia practicing on the trapeze. She is only 5 but is working out a routine that we hope the audience will enjoy. She is remarkably strong.








I am happy to report we booked the Clarksville-Montgomery County Fair in Tennessee in June.
In spite of all the highs today. There was a challenging part of the day too. I noticed on my desk this morning the renewal for the registration of our oldest van, the one we have the lift in for Titus. Being in Cali it required a smog certificate. So I made an appointment with my mechanic and jumped int he van. I started it and noticed the "Service Engine" light on. Convenient I thought at first since I have to go to the garage. Well, they told me that means it's an automatic fail for the smog test because the light means there is an emissions failure read by one of the sensors. From past experience I know that most of the time if there is no power loss or engine noise it is most likely just an anomaly. The mechanic did a quick read and then reset the computer. But to be sure I should take it home after driving it a bit and try again tomorrow. They said I could go ahead and register the car since the computers at DMV wouldn't know for 30 days.
They were wrong. It's immediate.
So I drove the van to a drive in smog test place and they plugged in and asked me if the battery had died recently. In fact it had and was recharged a week ago. Well, they computer was reset because of that and I need to drive the van for at least 60 more miles before there was enough data to test. So I drive it around for a while but not enough for a test. In driving I past a friends house so I decided to drop in on him. Just as I pull into his driveway my phone rings. It's my wife with the order to go pick up my son from track practice. Since I was in my friends driveway I thought I should at least say howdy. So I do then leave. In backing up I back onto some soft ground and my back wills sink up to the hubcaps in the ground. Amazingly this same soil is as hard as a rock in the summer....almost impossible to dig through. A call to AAA and I was winched out. I planned on doing some more driving...but my luck was spiralling down so I decided to go home. I had already arranged for my son to pick up my other son. So I went straight home, hosed off the van, tires, and wheel well, then I went inside to hibernate until tomorrow and reset the day.....which will start with a 60 mile drive. Then registering the van.
In spite of all that. Praise God for life and that the day is almost over.

No comments: