Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Updates March 1, 2011

This past week has been filled with so many things.

A few days ago it snowed up in Paradise, CA, a town just up the road from us . Fortunately, our good friend, JC Dunn and his wife invited us up to his home in Paradise for the kids to play in the snow. It was the kids first snow man. It was also their first snowball fight and little Victor mastered the art of war real fast. He was hiding behind a small bush at one point and I launched a pretty good one from about 25 feet way and nailed him in the chest. He fained he was hurt and came bent over to the deck I was standing on. He then walked past me and then turned and nailed me point blank. To the Victor goes the spoils....see if I trust him again.







Today was Jim's 21st Birthday. Instead of taking him out for his first drink we went out for Chinese food. I did advise him against drinking since both sides of his family has a bad history with booz!

Here he is making a wish.

Ice Cream Cake!



We bought a god old fashioned sawing the lady in half trick. Since it was used it had a couple f things to tighten or shore-up. I also changed the felt covering on the table for a nice Naugahyde. And re-painted the stocks and blade handles to basic black. It's a pretty little thing isn't it.


After months of homeschooling all three of the little ones Mami finally said three is a crowd and we sent Olivia to Kindergarten. Monday was her first day. Here she is acting shy.
Her teacher said she did well for coming in in the middle of the year and not knowing where things are or how things work. But she did keep asking about food. Apparently Amelia had told Olivia that they eat cakes and ice cream at school. So Olivia was waiting for the goodies all day. I explained that she probably meant they had it on special days...not everyday.

On the note of school stuff. Earlier tonight her school had a fundraiser at the local pizza joint. So Olivia and I went there and had a pizza together. The school got 20% of each purchase and they were selling baked goods. Mami's cupcakes (elegantly decorated) went like hotcakes.
While there we were gifted with a balloon flower by Giggles the Clown. He wore a jester hat and colorful clothes but no make-up. Still he was charming. AS he made the balloon I asked him if he knew the Kent Family Magic Circus. He said he did. In fact he got quite animated and told me he had the honor (his words) to see "their" show a couple of years ago and actually got to shake "his" hand. He then said, "Just out of curiosity, why did I ask?" I said, "I'm Victor Kent."
He just about jumped out of his shoes. He grabbed my hand and shook it hardily. He then told me he wanted to make something better than a flower for Olivia (I stopped him...she was happy with the flower). Wow. I didn't know I was famous to anybody. It was great fun and a bit humbling. So humbling that I just had to tell you! Hehe!
Some people have asked about Hong Kong. I had mentioned we had received and offer from them last month. Well, the deal fell through. C'est la vie! I would like to perform there someday. We've done Japan and Korea and Hong Kong and Mainland China would be fun.
We will be launching our new look for the website in a month or so. I have been working n for a while. The new picture Gallery alone is going to be a hoot. I spent three hours on it tonight only to accidental erase the whole file when I was done. AAAAAGH! Again, c'est la vie.
Well that is it for now. God Bless and remember.............uh, I forgot, never mind.

No comments: