Thursday, November 17, 2011

AFA Convention Last Night

Well, the Banquet is over, the awards have been given, cheese cake eaten and dance done danced. We made some new friends like Vannesa Joy and Marvin (pictured here) singer an pianist who are fabulous. We also saw many old friends. We attended workshops, and meetings, took a nap in the afternoon and "partied" in the evening. And yes I did indeed danced with Mami.
I wore my 2012 costume to the Banquet as I did last year with my 2010 costume.....It fit better with the theme than the 2011 costume did...last year. We had some laughs and talked some business. Ironically I booked fairs in Indiana, Virginia, and Tennessee via email and calls while here and only talked about possibilities with the AZ fairs folks. I am happy that the fair manager from and her staff from the fair we did here in AZ last year was very happy with our services.
Enjoying a moment after the meal.

Steve Rosen has only been a balloon twister for a short time and he made a Monkey.....luckily this little fellow doesn't suffer from Monkey Butt ...but if he did we gave every attendee a sample of Anti Monkey Butt Powder so he would be fine.
We had lunch with Marvin and Vanessa (Joy) . It was a hoot. Marvin is a joke-aholic and quiet frankly might be insane. We all laughed so hard our stomach's hurt. The company made up for the really bad catfish I had at the cafe. It was like they pour a bottle of salt on it. Impossible to eat. But, like I said, the company was great.

No comments: