Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hemet Mall Santa there and back again

We left from our northern Cal abode 6am yesterday to Hemet, CA...about a 10 hour drive taking the stupid 55mph for cars pulling trailers in Cali and LA traffic into account. I planned the timing well so we hit only the start of rush hour down there. Sadly we had fast food for dinner and the hotels offerings for Breakfast were a joke...they actually had Tang instead of real OJ. Oh Well! A happy McGriddle sandwich fixed my b-fast blues.
It rained last night and sprinkled all morning so we set our show up in a large vacant store. It was actually pretty cool. The Forever 21 Store left behind some nice decor so it had a nice feel to it. Once our back drops were up and our stage set the doors opened and the mall had so many people come in they soon had to add more chairs. Since it was a luncheon they also ran out of food. Who would've guessed. I have pictures and will add them tomorrow.
We had a great time. We have been doing this gig for several years and have built up a pretty big fan base there.
I am tired so I will make a long story short by saying after the show we packed up and did a bee-line home arriving just after midnight. I sleep now!
Oh, I arrived home to see my wife in a poodle skirt and dressed as if from the 50s....she made her costume for the AZ fair convention next week. We will have time away from the kids as we head to Laughlin, NV for a few days. The theme is "the 50's".

No comments: