Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Arizona Fairs Convention 2011

The theme of the convention is a Flashback to the 50s. Born in the mid 60s and raised in the 70s-80s we had to get advise from my folks and Happy Days. I already owned the wig and Mami made her poodle skirt from scratch. I nearly one in the men's costume contest...I was in the final three but lost out to a Babaloo character. Audience applause determined the outcome. A very well down over the top car hop won the women's portion. Oh, I should mention that the run off of the men's top three was a hula hoop contest......wich Amelia was here to act as my proxy for that....I would've won.
I took this picture because My Dodge and Mr Ford were both represented tonight at the tradeshow. I thought it was funny. Checy wasn't represented.

Our hotel in in the background...the 22nd floor. What a view...of the desert. We aren't gambling folks so we spend our spare time people watching and being with each other, strolling, and shopping.
Tuesday light was bowling night. In spite of my back I went for it after making sure I took my muscle relaxer and pain pill. About the third frame in they had to be supplemented very quickly by a shot of bourbon as I had a minor spasm...I couldn't tell you where the ball went on that frame. That's life with a tumor in your spinal cord. But we had a really good time and I won the two game set for our lane. Over all I was probably 15th. Mami was only a few pins behind me. We had a cute game where if either one of us got a strike or a spare we got a kiss from each other.

This is the fair board of the Cochise County fair.....their bowling gear. I am not sure how they finished the night but they definitely took best dressed.
The Koi outside the Colorado Belle. The minute a human looks down at them they all swim toward them Here they come.
I took this picture because many years ago we had the honor of working with the Kid and Nic show. A great great group. We have their CD and it is awesome. They will perform at the hotel we are at this weekend. But sadly we won't be here.
Sleep has been hard to come by since each day the convention has had early activities and late night activities. We left the presidents's cocktail party early since I could not keep my eyes open. I took a nap and Mami called home to give Miles here pie recipe (best pies in the word) for his foods class.
Our sponsor, Anti Monkey Butt Powder gave us some samples to put in the gift bags all participants get. I have been told by a few people it was the best thing in the bag. One person introduced me to her friends as the Anti-Monkey Butt guy....what a title.

No comments: