Sunday, January 1, 2012

Holidays

The Holidays. Well, we exited the new year with a BANG. I took my dad and Victor Jr to the Clay Pits for some shootin'. My pop had never fired a cap and ball gun and I happen to have one. We had fun but My Colt Dragoon didn't fire a couple of times. I think my powder was to coarse. So I bought some finer powder and it shoots better now.
Victor got his first chance to shoot a gun as well. He is using his mom's 410. He hit a few targets. The folks next to us let us their clay pigeon launcher but Victor ran out of bird shot before he could hit any. Maybe next time.
We also shot my 308 and wow was that an accurate gun. It was hard not to hit the targets.
Miles wanted a 2000 piece puzzle fro Christmas. It took 5 days and he no longer ever wants to see a 2000 piece puzzle again.
Christmas Day...all the presents are opneed and the girls are wearing their Christmas jamies.
The grand parents and the kids on Christmas day.
A tradition I started back when it was just Mam, me, and James was that I would make fruit salad on Christmas Eve. It was my gift to Mami because she loves fruit. It was expensive to do in Japan. But cheaper here in California. Still it takes a ton of fruit to make a good fruit salad to get the taste just right. And besides there are nine of us here.
I passed the tradition to the boys. Miles has been loyal to the tradition (James has taken a powder the last two years running off somewhere on Christmas Eve). We allowed another change to the tradition too. We let girls in on it. Amelia, Cynthia and Olivia helped too. Amelia hung it out until the end.

The final product a whole bunch of fruit salad.
Melons!
Jugs.

Rack!

Here no fruit. See no fruit. Speak no fruit.
BLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
I found a picture of our old apartment in Nara, Japan. This pix is from 2009 and it looks exactly as it did 16 years ago. The highlighted area is our old apartment.



No comments: