Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Take the last train to clarksville, and i'll see you at the....fair

I'm using an ap on my phone to post this entry so there won't be many pictures. I am staying at the rv as the fam stays at the hotel...I am sort of security and energency response in case of storms and such.
We have lots of fans here. This is our 3rd year and people are coming up to us like old home week. Excited to see us and surprised at how the kids have grown.
I think we have one of best shows ever and with an occasional exception the stress of this year's tour is way lower than before.
Cousin Brandon got a deer tick in his foot, but the book I bought (10,0001 thing you should know) that I read before the tour suggested putting petrolium jelly on it and in 20 minutes the dead tick will easily come off...it worked.
The shift from a 9am to 6pm schedule to a 6pm to midnight schedule with one day in between has hit us all hard. Olivia fell asleep backstage and missed out on that show.
I goota tell you having Mami along is great. The food has been awesome. Grilled talipia tonight. Lots of fresh fruit too. Fruit is so much more expensive here than in Cali.
Today Mami and I escpaed the kids and went shopping. First we went to the local m all...talk about 2 people out of their enviornment. Then it was food and supplies.  In the morn. I spent my time of book keeping and paying bills...easy come easy go...no hard come....easy go.
The hotel the c.ient has us at is a scary joke. In ignorance of our contract we were put in a low end hotel uswd by truckers and drug dealers.  Mami was hit on by a thug looking guy when she simply walked up to the front office.  I left her with a taser and a gun and the older boys now do all the running around for her.  The client pleaded ignorance and innocense.  But I think he was cutting corners due to the tough economy. He is a nice guy but needs to learn to respect the acts he hires...again I repeat, he is nice, I like him...but he blew it on the rooms.
Last night I had two of the kids, but I am alone tonight so I could spray the area around the stage, rv, etc with poison. 
The kids found wild garlic and dew berries in the woods around us...but that is where they found the ticks. I saw two and researched them...deer ticks...so we will watch for lyme desease symptons.
My fingers arw going numb here so I will bid you a good night.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments: