Friday, June 6, 2014

And the Beat Goes on.

Well, the work week of the average man comes to an end today, Friday.  But for us there is no such thing as a beginning or end of a work week. It is simply the time when we are performing a gig and the time when we are not. Sure, there is marketing, calls, paperwork, bills, etc in between, there is, however, nothing we can call a regular work week.
This has been a good week.  We left Toledo on Monday, though my cousin's over to stay an extra day at their beautiful home was very tempting, it turned out to be the right decision. Some serious thunderstorms accompanied by tornado watches fille Tuesday, especially north of KY.   In Berea we got a little rain but no serious weather. I saw the radar on Tuesday and praised God for the wisdom to leave on Monday because the radar showed some very serious stuff that would be no fun to drive an RV through.
I am nonetheless thankful to my cousins' hospitality.  Thank you.

Tuesday and Wednesday were in fact pretty warm days, then we were hit with a very chilly Thursday.  I mean it was night and day difference.   But today warmed right up.  Not too hot, Lower 80s.  And the RV park finally got the county inspector to approve the pool to open so the kids were delighted to hit that today. I took Mami to a Pottery Shop in the foothills nearby.  I had taken the kids there earlier this year. Mami really enjoyed getting away from the RV and driving through the beauty of the Berean foothills. With towns that end in "knob" g "lick" (referring to the top of a hill or the creekside of the bottom of a hill).   She had a good day and made us spagetti from scratch.   She always makes me do the final spicing of the sauce since, as she puts it, I have the nose of a dog (I have sensitive smell and taste).

The kids put on practices today and had homeschool. Victor is in 7th grade know and has been dragging his feet about reading assignments.  I get the kids when they go into Jr. High and this morning Mami told me he was reading an Agatha Christie book.  He has been reading it for two months and only covered two chapters.  I unceremoniously called him on it and announced he needed to have it read by the end of the day and a report by tomorrow.   He finished the book by 8pm, and didn't miss practice or a chore.   Now lets see the report tomorrow.    Heir Teacher Extreme is in the house.

In the past I have mentioned a secret. Well, I will share a little of it now. Mostly because your prayers for such a venture will need them.  Once again a TV network is interested in doing a show about our family. I have agreed and after some stressful date changes (we were supposed to do this last week and since I needed our clients' approval I felt terrible the network had changed the date.)  I had a zit break out and four days of imodium from the stress of telling the clients and dealing with the last minute changes. I don't like to lead people on, even unintentionally. Well, they have booked their flights from Cali and are taping in a week or so. (still keeping some secrets here.)  Its a great opportunity but as we have learned from various experiences we won't count on anything until a contract is signed.  Still, your prayers for us in making the proper decisions and if it comes to be that we have the character and will, from the youngest to the eldest, that we stay firmly on the foundation of Christ.

Funny story: Olivia slept walked last night.  Victor heard her cry then climb out of bed and exit the RV, he followed, as did Miles.   She went to Jim's trailer and Kyle reports that she came in and gave Jim a hug bumping into stuff on her way back.   The boys saw her safely back to bed.   The RV is now double locked at night.

Victor is learning to ride the unicycle on the tightwire so keep his safety in you prayers.

That is the report right now. More to come.

Victor




No comments: