Sunday, March 25, 2012

India Celebration Show

In spite of the fact that India's independence day is in August today we helped the  Indian Community in Yuba City, CA to celebrate this 1947 event. There were poets, singers, dancers, a couple of plays, music, and us. About 10 or 11 years ago I taught the son of the organization that hired us magic.  So they thought of me when they started planning the event.   In fact, it was around 2AM in Nashville back in January when I got the first contact call from the organizer.
 James and Olivia came along. It has been a while since I performed a straight magic show by myself. Grant it...I said the two came with me and yes Olivia did her snake trip and Jim juggled. But most of the show was me performing magic, mentalism, and side show stunts.  I think I might have been nervous but I did something that changed my perspective less than four minutes into the show.  As you know my shin was damaged  a couple of weeks ago at a show.  It was pretty serious and was really on the mend. Until today. I accidentally banged my shin again....in the exact same spot.  I felt the blood dripping down my leg all through the show. 







Very cool costumes.

 Amelia played Mary in a play her and Olivia did last week.

Last week Olivia dressed up and did a show for the family just for fun. 

At the AWANA car derby Olivia took 2nd place.  Here she is posing with her friend, Sarah,


Three faces of Olivia on the drive home from today's show. 



And a face of Jim on the drive home. 

And my face.

No comments: