Sunday, June 28, 2009

Leaving the West

We are, by the grace of God, in Wyoming and should make Eastern Iowa by sleep time tomorrow. We are moving at a slower pace than usual because we are using two 15 passenger vans this year. Princess Cynthia (17) is driving the second and she hasn't the experience to do the realllllly long drives yet. Though she has done 1 11 hour drive and 1 12 hour drive so far. The trailer is particularly heavy this year and even the Ford E350 with all it's torque still slows going over really steep hills. The Ford is also very squirrelly with this trailer. So for these reasons we are taking it slow.
The only big thing to report today is our front tire looked a little warped. I noticed it while at a rest stop in Utah this morning. I had seen this before. Two other tires of the same brand (Hancock) had had the same problem and I had to replace them. There are still two Hancock's on the van but since the three other tires (remember there is the spare) were Hancock's and all three had the tread separation problem....we won't be coming home with these tires.
As I type this I just noticed that there are railroad tracks about 50 yards from my window...it's a nioce hotel...kinda upper crust.....I hope there are no 3 am loud whistle blowers going by. I'm closing the window.
Buttercup the Python is doing well. He was held a lot today during the drive. We have to turn off the air-con when he is out....remeber he is from Africa...he prefers heat....moist heat.
Regarding the weather and scenery. I am surprised how green the deserts and high forrests along hwy 80 in Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming are. Apparently it has been mild and wet. Ussually it is golden brown and hot. Right now it's just right. At night it is down right chilly. While my home town has a 100 degree heat spurt...out here it's very comfortable. .......though, humidity coming after we reach Iowa.
Olivia taught me a song today..."So yummy. So yummy. There's a party in my tummy." Apparently they got it form some kid's tv show...too cute. (They don't watch much tv so I guess what they do see sticks.)

No comments: