Tuesday, May 25, 2010

14 and a half hours Wyoming

Today came early but it was a glorious day in all respects. We actually left by our planned time of 6am and stayed very close to schedule all the way to Wyoming. We will try for Iowa tomorrow.
The sky was beautiful and the air crisp all day. The kids did their homework, ate, played, sang and had a jolly time the entire trip. Most of my yelling at them was for getting too laud having fun.
Since the spring has been so mild the landscape was green through the desserts of Nevada and Utah. The traffic has been light.
It was nice to get behind the wheel again. It feels good.
I will post pictures tomorrow.

Hardest part of taking three kids under 8 alone is I have to take them everywhere I go...no leaving them in the car...and the poor girls sometimes have to tolerate a men's truck stop rest room.

A quick not e since dawn and drive comes early tomorrow....the showers at the hotel here are interesting. The cold knob turns the wrong way so while I thought it was off it was on full diluting the hot making me think it was a less than luke warm shower...I showered then I noticed my mistake...retook the shower...full HOT...much better.

No comments: