Friday, May 28, 2010

Chocolate Festival Day 1

What a wonderful day. Our contact (aka Boss) is really nice and has a fabulous sense of humor. Our sound guys are friendly and very helpful. Our stage is top notch but it is cluttered with sound equipment boxes, and the hypnotists 30 chairs stacked in the back...tomorrow our banner goes up to block the clutter.
Wade Henry the juggler and our old friend (who recommended us to the festival) was their today. He such a nice guy. He's from Florida and has a great show. He even has a 10-12 foot unicycle. His facial expressions are priceless.
No still photos today but I took a ton of video.
This morning the three older kids arrived at the airport and it was funny because James was video taping me as I taped them. Can't wait to see the video once I get it all on the computer. The computer I'm on is a notebook and very slow for video edit so the video blog entries will come next week.
There is a great deep fried cheese stand next to the stage and the Kind owner, Mr Schmidt, his wife and employee are great folks. They always have nice things to say and are easy to talk to. They even gave us a nice potpourri of deep fried cheeses, veggies, etc.
I am sure there is some much more to write about, like the giant air conditioned tent with the chocolate vendors and the Iron Chef like show going on, and so much more. But tomorrows schedule is a crazy one and I have been fighting a headache all day so I will bid you a good night...if there are typos, bad grammar, etc...I am too tired to edit and check it.
Until tomorrow...cheers.

No comments: