Monday, May 10, 2010

Calico

At this writing I am back at home base. We performed three shows throughout the crazy windy Mother's Day. The crowds were nice but smaller than when we perform on the Halloween Ghost Haunt. With only three shows and three hours between show one and two we had the opportunity to goof off and shoot a lot of video for the forth-coming video blog.

The wind took it's toll causing Jim's cart to roll off stage, Miles' walking globe to follow and the fire-eating equipment to do the same. The wind whipped up the sand, dust and gravel of Calico and deposit it everywhere. Most often it pelted the people in our audience and us when we stepped out from the relative protection of our stage. I say relative protection because the wind still whipped around and made some stunts difficult. Jim couldn't balance the wheel barrow on his chin while on the ladder because the large heavy metal barrow became a sail and would try and fly away. His Diabolo (Chinese YoYo was kept low and the giant toss into the air was 86ed because it ended up sailing across the sky and nearly hit someone in the audience once so we stopped doing that. Fire eating was hell too. I say it like that because if you experienced from my position you would have had a taste of what hell will be like. The wind whipped around our stage like I have never experienced (and I've been doing Calico for 14 years). I had more flashbacks, that's when the flame is pushed by the wind back to my face, more than ever before. My mutton chops are a little closer to my face thanks to "fire-shaving".

This was Belle's first time back to Calico since we got her from Janet, the Pottery Shop Owner, a few months back. She remembered Janet and her black toy poodle, Big Boy. Belles has learned how to rough house with Victor Jr and Big Boy was surprised when Belle swatted him when he barked at her. His top dog position was challenged. he was also a little jealous when Janet held Belle. Big Boy is a cool dog and you should go to Calico just to meet him. Should have taken a picture of them playing.







Between shows.


During the show....note snake.











ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Notice the flashback as I try to light my tongue.


While Jim Juggles I get refreshed.






Windy!











No comments: