Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy Trails


Mami asked me to tell you a cool story from last week. While at a gas station where we had to pull in the Rv in an unusual manner due to the limited space the man in front of us noticed the Anti Monkey Butt decals and we got to talking. He also noticed our dogs and went back over to his car and brought back dog biscuits for them.

The water at the camp last night was well water and had a strong sulphur smell. we all took fast showers. I bought a second filter at Walmart today. We now double filter our water. Part of the road.

We were going to visit Cynthia and Miles in Berea but went further west instead. When i talked with them later on I discovered neither one would have been able to visit with us so the decision was a good one.



The first few pix are from the camp in Nowhere...pretty but very old and limited.  The gas pump above is in the story below.  Below is the giant pillow at the Yogi Bear camp from today's camp. The rest are all from the tire shop (see story below).






There wasn't much rush this morning to git goin' but there wasn't much to do in the middle of nowhere. So we hit the road at 9:30. As we move south and west it is getting hotter and more humid. As I type this Nowhere,oh is getting rain. That keeps our rain-maker record pretty strong.
Just about the time we left Nick noticed that a trailer tire was down to it's steal belts. We hit a truck stop who lead us to Barker's tire off exit 69 on I72.
They had the tires we needed and they had a pool table in the waiting room. In fact they had many strange relics laying around.  They noticed the AntiMonkeyButt decals so we gave them enough samples for all the employees. They gave us a remote control helicopter for the kids...and lollipops to boot.
That set us back q bit of time and money but we were on our way. 
A little later we pulled into another big truck stop. The type with 4 or 5 pumps per each island with lots of space in between. An old man driving a little silver Toyota was just in front of me as we pulled into the station and he had all 5 pumps to choose. He stopped at the first one. I honked...he did not notice so I had to carefully pull the big rv and trailer around him....by the way my bladder was pretty full.  I got in and made it to the first pump. The pump however was designed by a sadist. As I began pumping it clicked off, every squeeze of the handle got the same reaction,  like when you are topping off the tank. Nick and James took over as I made my dash and splash. When I came out it was still doing it. So I gave up and let the place loose the rest of the sale.
We stayed at that station a while longer for Mami to fix the boys in the van lunch...we were now over an hour later than I wanted.
We made it to central time, and our destination....Yogi Bear Mammoth _ave, ky.  That extra hour gave the kids more time to play. So far this has been the busiest rv camp we have visited this year.  They have lots of specials going on.
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments: