Monday, September 3, 2012

Sorry I wrote so much in the last blog......(haha)

OK, I cheated you and gave you only photos but no stories, no words. Sorry. I was tired. I know I say that a lot but with less crew and 2 kids now off to college the work load, even for me, has increased. I desperately miss my two off in school. But they have to do their college thing right? Had I not done it I would never had met Mami. Like most people I rarely use my major degree and the whole bu-lox about college building character, discipline, etc. is as i said, bu-lox. Some people are made for college (but I think the schools should cut the fat and get rid of all the crap that has nothing to do with degrees and are made up more for indoctrination and such. Some people are made to to the trade school thing, and others could make a very nice living w/out ever shadowing the door of an institute of higher learning. But all this has nothing to do with today's blog...I just like to rant.

Weather: partly cloudy fluctuation in the low 80s and high 70s.  Perfect.
Shows: packed with enthusiastic crowds; all three shows.

Everyone was in good spirit today. And generosity abounded today.  Yesterday the BBQ place across from us brought over ribs, brisket, and pulled pork as a thank you for promoting them. And they were out standing....the best ribs I EVER had bar none.  These folks need to open a joint of their own instead of doing the fair thing.  Today as the finished up they had leftover brisket and gave it to us.  There wasn't a mountain load but what they brought was great. There was a lake load of juice though and it now resides in our RV fridge for sandwich dipping tomorrow.  Not much later the Schnitzel folk sent over schnitzel and fries. less than 5 minutes later the Polish place on the other side of us brings us literally 30lbs of various polish dishes and 20 hamburger patties. We have food to last a week.  We are all quite full.

We had so many wonderful compliments.  With out banner line and old time bike we got compliments on the old time feel of the show. Our humor and skills were complimented and so many people stuck around after our shows to talk even though other shows around the fair we starting at the time.

One of the North East's biggest agents for fair/festiveness booking saw our show and stuck around for things to clear to come over and give me his card two days ago. Wow what a trip this has been.

My favorite night of the fair is the last day. I sleep deepest...mostly because the sound of the carnival show coming down; the clanking, the grinding, the trucks, the Spanish language, everything....it makes me sleep well.

Our next gig in in Arizona, the Mohave Fair in Kingman. But we have a few days to get their so we plan on visiting folks and sight seeing. First comes our stop in Waterbury, CT...we will enjoy the best pizza in the country and also see my cousins (the sister of the cousin in Ohio, and her fam) tomorrow. Then depending on how the remnants of the storm, Isaac, an other storms, will decide whether we head west of south. If south then it;s the Liberty Bell. If it is West it's Yogi Bear.

I'm not the greatest writer, I am a verbal person. So there is so much I want to share of the day on our week that I just can't do well here. So I hope I can tell you in person someday.

God bless you all. He has blessed us...with fans, family, and friends like you. Good night.

No comments: