Sunday, September 9, 2012

Ooooooklahoma


We are in Oklahoma and the winds are not sweeping cross the plains.  It's calm and hot.  And yes the state is on fire. Thank God (for giving man the ability to develop navigators)...we were able to get around the fire that closed HWY 40 Near OK City and not be late to our ETA.   
The only problem with the navigators is that they are not always completely up to date. Going through OKC the thing kept rerouting  me every second.  I knew it was just confused since I knew my route well. But it is funny to watch a machine go bi-polar. 

I am surprised how busy the camp we are staying at is. Again their are a lot of perms or long time residents here. Many are working on the natural gas lines. So they leave their families behind and live in an RV moving along as the work comes and goes. 
Just inside OKC there is an airplane museum with lots of cool planes to see from the hwy. There was even a former Air Force one. 
Oh, As we left Ky the other day we stopped at a junk/gift/antique store. I have become addicted to Horehound candy...it's great when my throat is sore on stage.  I have bought it at many store but this little junk yard had the best ever. Oh baby!
I made some at home a few months back....this was the closest to the flavor. 

We are staying at an RV park on the Cherokee reservation area. Even went into the big store near here....almost everything was MIC or MIP (Made in China or Made in Pakistan. So no purchases. 

The only place to buy groceries nearby on a Sunday really gouges yous. $5 for a gallon of milk. 

The only worries we have i that my front driver's tire has a bit of a funny wear on it so I am watching from tread separation. And the tire we had the screw removed from in KY has a sloowwwww leak. We carry a compressor. 


click on any picture to make it bigger

Blogger-droid v2.0.9We

No comments: