Sunday, September 30, 2012

This Week

So what do we do with a week off....well, the little ones did their studies and practiced new routines and new learned new props. I have been doing a lot of sleeping.  I awoke one almost noon one day and found Victor walking easily on stilts while practicing the Chinese Yo-yo. Olivia was riding the unicycle with greater and greater ease and Amelia was practicing some Hula-hoop tricks. Jim was overseeing everything.  It was a real circus in our living room....
Notice the yo-yo thingy. Belle is steering clear. 

They do this almost daily.  Today Midori from Japan, who is back for one more semester of school, is supposed to come over for trapeze fun. And Victor will practice the jump rope on the wire. 

Yesterday we found a gusher in front of our house in the street.  The water main to our house was broken. Three guys show up and using a giant vacuum and a water gun the dug a 24+ inch hole and reached the pipe.  Then without ever turning the water off they put a clamp sleeve like thingy on it an in less than 3/4 of an hour had the whole (hole) thing was fixed.
That's the sleeve thingy. 

Had yet another TV network call to talk about the possibility of doing a reality show about us. We get so many calls from potential shows existing and potential that I can't tell you what network or much else about the call. It all kind of just goes in one ear and out the other.   I suppose I need them to Jerry McQuire me....show me da money...or a lucrative iron clad contract...then I will pay attention.

Just a note: since we've been back I have found TV hard to watch.  Since we hung out with and met people of great caliper this summer who never spoke like they do on TV nor use the vileness and vulgarity that passes as humor on TV  I have grown unaccustomed to the language, topics, and low end comedy that passes today's diminishing IQ television audiences. I actually felt brain cells committing suicide as I watched TV this week.
So what do I do when I am not marketing or sleeping?  I found a great pastor on the radio And on line (www.Truthforliving.org), Alistair Begg, and have downloaded his podcasts...solid Bible teachings. And I have great DVDs and Books to read. So TV has really slipped down on my list of things. Watching the men fix the water main was more interesting.

California tour starts this Friday.

More on today later tonight.....

No comments: