Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mohave County Fair

Well...with a steady wind at 15 mph and gust up to who knows we opened our first show. Like many events who hire us the first time the provide one set of bleachers and even though it was 2:30 on a Thur. And our crowd were most seniors and vendors' kids we filled that and had standers.  The temp is 91 degrees so in a way I like the breeze. But it kills some stunts. I.e. Belle the dog wasn't excited about performing but Tator tot was thrilled.
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

Show two had a larger crowd as more families started to show up. In the morning, prior to us having shows there we a million school kids here.  I wonder why they had no entertainment going on for them?  Anyways, between the shows I road the Penny Farthing and it got bug-eyed reactions from folks since most people never get the opportunity to see such a cool bike. I stop every now and a gain and give it's history then ride on.  Even though it is a separate production division of our company we gave the fair a taste of our robot, we usually charge more for him. But it gave the folks here a chance to see him and decide if maybe next year they would want to use him with or without the circus. 

The wind has been insane and the dry weather is killing my cuticles, drying my hair and for the first time this season I had to use chap stick. 

Our third show was fantastic. I knew we needed more bleachers but none arrived and we had over 150 people standing around, sitting on the strange mixture of bermuda grass and gravel made from old black top to watch the show. They really need to add more seats.  The audience was good but made better by a couple of groups of really enthusiastic folks who really got into it. It was awesome. 

The wind died down enough for me to light my tongue on fire, part of the fire-eating act. All day it just blew to hard....Conway (my right mutton chop) got a bit singed at the second show. 

.






No comments: