Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Another day in paradise.

OK, JC and Dean by paradise I did not mean where you live. And no I didn't die and go to heaven. I'm in Kentucky.  

Soft rain showers last night brought a beautiful clear sunny morning that would reach the low 70*s by afternoon.  That gave the kids opportunity to practice.

I made some calls and emails for potential bookings. Then after lunch Kyle and I went on a walking tour of the college village part of Berea.  We visited vendor malls, a used book store, the visitor's center, the various student centers and around the buildings just checking it all out.   I did do a bit of magic....one of which made me think of Kyle's dad back in Cali. (Lloyd you know the gimmick that I use to make a silk hanky vanish....well, I didn't tell Kyle the stunt I used to do at your bequest back in our high school days.   But I should have, to show him who his dad really is...lol....just messing with you. )  Sorry to interrupt this with an inside joke.

Jim has been working real hard with the aerial silk with the girls.  They are getting pretty impressive. Yesterday Amelia worked out to the point of pure exhaustion. She could even go fishing she was so worn.

Today we ate the two fish we caught yesterday ....everyone loves fish when Mami prepares it.   Our luck on fish tonight was rained out. We were there 45 minutes when sprinkles started and the weather ap on the phone showed a thunder cell moving in. SO we packed it in.  But not before I had the "one that got away". An older gent who I chatted with for a while, you know the gruff gravelly southern drawl cigarette smoking time worn kind of guy, pointed out a spot that he said would be a good spot (he was raised here). I made a cast and almost immediately I got a bite. I blew it though. I started to reel too soon. I should have "set the hook" with a quick tug back first. But there you go.  It got away.  It looked like a Crappie. Oh, well.

I want to apologize to those who also follow me on Facebook. Yesterday I paid my New premium on my health insurance (this takes my premiums up 1000% since I took the policy out a couple short years ago, most of the raise in the past 8 months. )   Well, I paid it online right before going to bed and it irked me that I had to pay sooo much more and get soooo little for it, so I whined about Obama-care and the people who supported it and so on.  I've removed the posts.  I was surprised. I had people on both sides make comments. One fan even helped out.  So I thank you.  I am still not sure if it was wrong to rant. A person is allowed an opinion, and sometimes it helps to vent, but maybe I was a little hard on the people with opposing views. (I so wanted to put a jab in here but I know JC would just gasp and tell me when I get home, while eating Chinese food, that maybe I shouldn't have done that. SO I won't.)

You know CC is my daughter. Today she called  to vent as well. She had spoken with her grandma back in Cali and heard that our home church will be putting in a policy of locking the doors of the church once the praise music starts until it ends, then the late comers can come into service.  I suppose it is to encourage the ones who come late regularly not to be late.   Well, my character in that girl came out and she vented quite briskly about her opinion on the new policy. She held nothing back. I write this not to question the policy or challenge it.  I write this because hearing her rant reminded me of, well, me.  (Oh, why are the jabs popping into my head so easily tonight....just to let you know I just resisted the temptation to take a couple of more jabs at.......)

Well, we made it back from our evening fishing excursion and 10 minutes later the lighting and water show began. And true to form 15 minutes late it passed.  We are expected to go through all that over and over again tonight and tomorrow.

Tomorrow CC flies to New Orleans to present a paper she wrote at a large conference. Keep her in your prayers as well as us. We still have an anemic schedule. But God provides.  He has also provided us with wonderful fans, family and friends. Thank you all and may you all be richly blessed.






No comments: