Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Strange.

Today was strange. We had a giant major weather system moving from the north and another form the south. Both threatened us with terrible storms. Both split and left a huge gap right over us. We had wind and a couple of tiny showers but no storms.

I went to Richmond (the town over with all the bigger stores) and brought the dying mackerel with me.  I did our shopping at the big chain grocer (they don't sponsor us so no naming them.)  Then, since half the mackerel we bought last week were dying I decided to go fishing alone. I ended up getting hung up and the 25+ winds tipped my makreel bucket over I went home with nada. Still, it was calming being on the lack , literally, alone and just casting ans fishing was nice.

We were supposed to get thunder storms. But the most we got were sprinkles.  It was like magic. On the radar giant cells were moving towards us and just outside of town they broke apart.   Weird.

So the kids got some practice in.  I am so proud of them.

 By the way the big tall white boy in the pictures is our suund, roadie and Titus-helper this year.  His name is Kyle and he is my best friend's son. I grew up with his father. He loves the Lord. Less important but vital for us he helps Mami with Titus and he is a great help with the show. He is 20 and an awesome human being and a great brother in Christ.

By the way if you don't like hearing about God, Jesus, the Lord, the Holy Spirit, Christ, etc. I urge you to stick with us. We are in the worst of 20 years on the road and amazingly God has proven Himself true to us.Sometimes he has even used some of you to help us through. We will provide proof that GOD IS ALIVE in this blog.  In spite of a Senate and President that thinks the first amendment only means you can cus and print whatever you want no matter how depraved we will susceed. because the one the world, those of you who reject Christ has already won. You, many of you without knowing it are supporting a horawe that has come in dead last. But reject to believe it because he is running around claiming he won.

 But I bet if you hold the "freedom of expression" to the same standards as "freedom of religion"  it would be a different world (both are in the first amendment...{how many of you can name the 4 freedoms in the first amendment...if you can't then you are a fool to support anyone who attacks "freedom of religion."})....less crime less debauchery, less corruption, less immorality, etc.   But the powers to be, the prince of darkness and all who embrace him (anyone who reject Christ falls into this category) and his standards has got the reigns on those who reject Christ and you are going to see more things that will shock you, more things that will restrain your freedom, more things that will take away your freedom and your money. Its you who allows it in a country of free voting....

But here, in our family is a family, a group that reject the world and what it as to offer.  I would rather die a pauper than embrace 90% what is on the TV and media. We are classified as unpopular because we don't accept worldviews. We stand on an immovable rock and that is going to piss a whole bunch of people off.  But I can't deny the Lord, Christ who died on a cross to take away our sins and was raise by God to conquer the devil.   It is a lost cause to accept what most of you are living.....maybe not in this carnal world but in eternity.

Today, I was moved to tears. Our family is going through the worst season in 20 years or more. The weather literally killed a full month of bookings for us. But we made it through it. Thanks, partially to the support of family, friends, and fans. The loving brotherhood of Christ shone through the darkness and despair that was ahead of us this past month. Unnamed fans, friends, and family, especially family in Christ  came forward and aided us.  It was humbling to the point of tears. Yes, I cried.   The weather killed over 20 days of bookings but God moved in the hearts some and helped us make it through.  

We did not expect the change of fortune this year.   We were scared due to the Arctic Blasts that we might run into trouble. We prayed and hoped that it would be over by the time we reached out first booking in Louisville.  It hadn't and we were in trouble. I panicked. I confessed our troubles and some of you came through and helped.  From the bottom of my heart and with all of my soul I thank you. We still have a tough year ahead. Though some good news has come in, I confess no good news is real until it manifests itself into reality. So we are in state of hope.

Still, we continue on, fight the good fight, endure, practice, make the calls, send the emails, for it is in His name we perform. God made me a performer and when I am on the stage I can feel His pleasure.

Mom, It is late and I didn't proof read so I am sorry.  If I typo-ed or mis-spelled I am sorry.  It is 3AM and I am sleepy.

So blessings to you. Have a happy and blessed Tuesday. Don't give up the good fight. Don't let "the man"make you think less of yourself than you are. You are God's creation and God don't make no junk!!!!
Blessings,
Victor




We leave Wednesday on our LA trip...catfish Festival. It will be nice to perform again. I am proud of the kids because they no nothing but to give 150% or more when on stage. The promoters have promised some good catfish and tips on some honey holes to go fishing. We will also do TV News out of Monroe on the 10th. Keep us in prayer while we travel.  Also we love praying for you so email us at Kent@victorkent.com for prayer requests....there are nine people here ready to lift you up in prayer.

Below are some pix of practice in the wind (20-40mph wind)











No comments: