Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Visiting Elvis

We are on our way to Louisiana so we decided to take a route we have never taken before, through Memphis.   In fact, we found out the behind Heartbreak hotel, which really is at the end of Lonely street (cross street is Elvis Presley Blvd) Graceland RV park.   I am glad we got the new RV this year (New to us, newer than our old one) because all the RVs here are top end.


It was great to be on the road again but I haven't done a long drive in a  month so I am a bit bushed tonight.

My mother told me to tell Elvis, "hi", but the the security guards stopped me after hopping the gate with a pick and a shovel. Sorry mom, maybe I should get you an Elvis clock where the seconds are marked by Elvis' hips moving back and forth.  Nah, Can't afford the $21.00 for it so maybe next year. LOL  ( I wonder if she would actually put it on her wall. We would probably be forced to hang it in the RV.   Mami would kill me.


Happy Birthday to my god brother, Steve. The guy who taught us how to fish. I am grateful for  having him as my friend.

Hey, JC, I sang you favorite song, "All Shook Up", and was arrested for using a deadly weapon, my voice. Now I can sing "jailhouse rock".

On a different note I was recently interviewed for a tv thing and I was asked an interesting question. Today I had a chance to check it out and I figure it out. I was asked what does it cost to travel with our show. The answer is $1.20/mile not counting food. We will do at least 20K miles this year.  BTW gas in Ky jumped from $3.57 to $3.79 overnight, literally. That was a sad way to make us appreciate the $3.40/gal in TN.  When GWB was around we were paying under $2/gal with the exception of a short blip upto $4. Maybe they were just testing us to see if we would take the prison love treatment, if you get my drift.  But I digress.
Sorry for the negative note on such a positive great day.  It really was a blessed and beautiful day. God has been good. And our friends, fans, and family who have been supporting us in various ways (prayer, money, encouragement) I say thanks.   I want to mention the names of a couple or more folks who have actually sent us donations to help make ends meet when the season fell apart in March. But I am not sure they want to be known. "Don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing."   Let me tell those of you whom which I am referring, we are being good stewards and not being wasteful and foolish...though I was tempted with that clock I mentioned. Haha.   I have some great news coming down the flume....but I can't talk about it now. That doesn't mean we are out of the woods yet. We still have to fill May and June. So keep the prayers going and if any of you have any suggestions or leads for the venues or gigs in the south,east and midwest let me know please.











No comments: