Sunday, October 4, 2009

Paris to Dallas to New Mexico

We slept in today! Still we got up early...it was hard to sleep in. We had to get the kids to Dallas since their flight back home is early Monday....and Dallas traffic is crazy.
It rained all the way through Texas. By New Mexico is was much nicer.
It's a lot of fun riding with a four year old. They see things from a whole different perspective and they always want you to look...usually it's when I am trying to negotiate a curve while passing a truck at 70 mph in the fog. Still it is really a lot of fun to be traveling with Olivia.
I still can't believe how hard core Texans are. I mean the way the sat in the rain and watched our show...a few watched it more than once IN THE RAIN. Only in Texas.
Olivia just came over and reminded me it was bible reading time. Every time we are in a hotel she searches out the bible so we can read it. Cool, huh?!
Texans love Texas. I have never seen such statehood patriotism than in Texas. The lone star is seen on almost every home. The Texas flag is more prominent than the US flag. And I have to add, I saw a black Ford Mustang Drive by and the Texas lic. Plate really suited it.
Our family has a silly tradition. When we drive by a cemetery visible from the road we wave and say , "hi dead people". We do it for the humor. When I told my friend , JC, about it he thought it was nice of us to do that. Different perspectives I guess.
OK OK so I am rambling so let's ramble somemore.
Had to add air to one of the trailer's tires. I didn't see a nail or any other foriegn object in the tire so I will just keep an eye on it.
Saw a gas station in Dallas where it was $1.99. California sucks!

No comments: