Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunburn--Successful Corporate Gig

For the last couple of years we have bee performing for a mid-sized brewery in Northern Cal. Instead of the traditional company picnic they have a big festival and celebrate like a carnival. We have been blessed to be part of it and both years we have put on some pretty nice shows. The crowds are great. And as the day goes on the crowds get easier and easier to please (I did mention it's a brewery).
The sun shone bright in Cali today and the wind blew steady so I got sun-burned in the face and the breeze only aggravated the sun burn because as I ate fire the licks of flames licked my face (no problem really if you understand the physics of it all. But I do have to me extra careful due to the wind. Most fire-eaters won't do it on a windy day. I guess I'm nuts.
The kids did a bang up job and made out like bandits as the event had lots of cool prizes for the various games. It didn't take much to win a prize. Oh, and the food. They had two whole pigs. And I had my first taste of pork cheek. The TV food people rave about it.....and for good reason. It was incredible. Each cheek carries just a little bit of soft, tender reddish meat and it's fabulous, juicy and awesome!

No comments: