Thursday, November 18, 2010

AFA Convention Final Day

This morning was the more serious part of the convention. We had round table talks, and the general meeting of the association. Then we had the afternoon off. At 5:30Pm the Banquet started. Eric Dodge, country musician, was the showcase act and they were very good. Awards were given door prizes drawn and food eaten. Steak, a wonderful mix of vegis and a twice baked potato. The cheese cake was good but the slices were way to big. The only bourbon they hand was Jim Beam and so that wasn't cool.
I dined with my new Friends that I hung out with yesterday, the mechanical man, his wife, the marionette lady and her husband and a couple of new friends, John the photographer guy with his son.
I was planning on leaving earlier today but I am glad I added the extra room night so that I will be fresh for tomorrow's 11 hour drive.
All in all it was very interesting. I wish I could say it was fun. And I suppose it wasn't not fun. But Since I was alone and knew only a few people I was outside the clicks and circles so I felt like the extra wheel out. Still I had a pleasant time and I enjoyed meeting folks. I was taken seriously when I gave my ideas during the round table discussions and people have been genuinely nice to me.
Bed time.

No comments: