Monday, November 8, 2010

California has gone nuts....lug nuts!

OK....who didn't know that?
In the decision making process people make lists. The often rely on sour grapes and sweet cherries (since I don't know the opposite of sour grapes I will coin this) to fill out their list in spite of the fact that the list is supposed to me a non-emotional thing to help the deciding individual to calmly, coolly, objectively make the right decision.
Since we have decided to move out of California I have been making lists in my head. I must confess that the lists have been filled with emotion more than logic. But there is a logic basic reason behind our decision. Over time our biggest markets are east of Nebraska with 70% of our income coming in there. Also with the political slant of California the state is really not business friendly, family friendly, Christian friendly, and is too damned expensive.
Now that is boring to write about. Sour grapes are much more fun to read.
So just like my list of reasons why Connecticut should be removed from the Union. Here is my list why California should slip off into the Pacific. OK, it's not a full list. I am really only going to mention today's story and will do a full list later on down the line.
As you know, if you read this blog often, I got a ticket from a CHP because I drove in the wrong lane while pulling a trailer. The reason I was in the middle lane and not the far right was because the far right lane was pot holed and cracked, and uneven; a nightmare to drive. In fact, my front end was knocked out of alignment after 3 weeks traveling on the same stretch of highway back and forth for gigs. I also lost a hub cap due to the shake the van got. It is the hub cap my story concerns. I decided to go to my local junk yard to see if they had a hubcap that might work for my van today. Since my Chevy van, CC's Van, was also missing a cap (missing since we picked it up in Iowa after the series of repair stops it had last year), I thought I would pick one up for it too. Well, Imagine my surprise when I arrived and went in and the lady in the shop said I could go out and look on the vehicles for them but it would cost a dollar to get in! Admission to a junk yard. I paid, and like visiting an amusement park, my had was stamped. WOW!
After strolling the whole junk yard I quickly realized there wasn't a single tire on any vehicle! So I went back into the office where I was told the tires and hub caps are put inside the car (with how messy tires can be how disappointing it would be for anyone looking for car interiors). So I went back out. Almost no car, van or truck had a hubcap inside it. I felt like I was being toyed with. So I left shaking my head and smiling in disbelief! But at least I have a story and another reason to leave California.
This story is right up there with the next town over, Chico, having a city law requiring anyone owning a chicken to pay a $1400 or $2100 fee for owning a live chicken! And half of that townis ag!

No comments: