Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gettin' Ready

In my last post I laughed at the term "Two Weeks Off" because at that point I had yet to have time off. I also lamented the endless list of things that needed to be fixed or replaced since our return. Fortunately nothing else has broke since that last post. And each of us have been able to grab a little R and R here and there but the preparations to go back on the road, half way across America, are daily.
Yesterday was haircut day for all the boys and Belle. With the dry hot of our Indian summer here in Cali, the haircuts have certainly helped cool us off. Which just reminded me that there were two more things that "went wrong" since our return. The aircon in Mami's van is broke and the "service engine" light has come on in the Chevy van. I'm putting both off until we get back in October.
I made some updates to our website. Jim, as well as a couple of fans, gave me a heads up about a few links on my website. Some speculated that I was hacked. Turns out the links were to a URL that I used to use "kentfamilyillusionshow.com but have stopped using. So when the url went dead the links (which actually just bounced from that url back to my regular site) the service provider sent them to an ad site. So all that is fixed. I noticed while fixing those things that I have neglected much of my website and a complete update needs to take place.

Midori has left America and is in the air as I write this on her return to Japan. It was nice having her on the tour but job hunting season in Japan is nearly over (yes they actually have a hiring season) and she needed to get back and get a real job. So she will miss out on Texas and New Mexico and Calico. She will be missed. One Facebook friend has already written to us about her young son (5 or 6 years old) being in Love with Midori and will miss her so much. He was planning on marrying her.

Had lunch with my good friend JC. Sadly the restaurant we went to, one we have been going to for years, is suffering from the Obamanomic economy and has cut back in many areas that sadly it was not a good experience. I think we are done with them.

We hit the road Saturday.

No comments: