Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Set up Day

Getting back into the Cnetral Time Zone "zone" is pretty hard. We all slept in pretty good today. But we made it to B-fast before it closed so all was well. Here at the Hamster Inn the Bfasts are really nice. If ever we put out an album here is our Album Cover. Everyone with a pose and attitude. The kids spent the day setting up the show and enjoyed a lunch of southern Brisket, bean, bread and butter pickles and more. In the mean time I enjoyed leftover cat fish as I stayed at the hotel and did the laundry.
The folks running the fair are good ole folks. When I went into the office to get our schedule and passes they all talked about the lunch that day and mentioned pickled okra. I mentioned I had been having a craving for that and the nice lady went and got me four...with an offer for more. They were very nice!

Ever wonder what a carousel looked like when it is folded up for travel?
Olivia doing her best cord on the cob impression.
Victor too.
While I was doing the laundry and running around picking up supplies Lanky the clown, our old friend form four years ago, stopped by an said howdy to the kids. He noticed that we had new faces (Nick and Lukas). He noticed that Nick didn't look like the rest of the crew...he was white. So Lanky went on a relentless clown attack on Nick. He will remember Lanky for ever.
A surprise to me was that Mt Pleasant is Dry....recently moist. What surprised me is that I heard these terms in Kentucky but I did not know that there were still towns outside KY that enforced prohibition. No booz in Mt Pleasant. So we had to drive to the next town to get the alcohol we need. (No I'm not giving the kids, even the 21 year olds booz. ) For those of you in the know I don't have to explain, for everyone else....remember, I AM a fire eater.
interestingly we had to drive to the next town to get the stuff. My GPS took me on a very interesting route that included a road the directors of "Deliverance" would have loved to use in the movie. It was overhung with trees, narrow, cow pastures flanking the sides, dusty, gravelly, and dark. It came out to the fwy access road and into the town with only 945 people. On the main drag almost every store was a liquor store. I bet most of their business comes from a town away. Ironically this is the only town (Mt Pleasant) where the Hamster Inn (Hampton) that has free beer at the Manager's meet and greet each night.
Well, that's all for now. Good night.

No comments: