Saturday, September 10, 2011

I love this old sign out near the hotel we are staying at. It makes me think of the old time radio shows I listen to often. The hotel itself has been redone time and time again to be modern but the coffee shop is as it always was. It's really quite cool.

In our show tonight Jim entertained friends and family of Nick and his own friends who came all the way down from NorCal to visit us. with his Samoan Fire Knife Dance.
We also had our chevy van brought down from home base to bring the large trailer home since we are worried about the condition of the Ford Van's tranny. It goes into the shop on Monday. Ever since the servicing yesterday I haven't heard any noises. But with a Texas and New Mexcio and Socal Trip in the near future I don't plan on taking chances. What little money we were going to bring home it will be evaporated by this repair.
Jim then took his fire knife and lit the fire cage on fire and...
Amelia and Belle appeared fromt he fire.
More fire.
Titus got a warm reception . All the crowds were large but not as big as Arizona and Iowa. There are many Spanish only speakers here so many of the verbal jokes don't work. Still we are drawing crowds of 300-500.
Victor did his upside down strait jacke tescape again. Man can that kid put on a show.
Miles' new fire whip is insane. I mean the fire ball from that is off the charts big. The audience eats it up.
Right before the last show I had a back spasm and took a muscle relaxer to help. This is me after the show a little spacey from the pill. One thing those pills do is make one tired.. Luckily I sleep at the RV so I didn't have far to go for bed.
Nick's family and friends, plus Jim;s friends, plus Lukas' family (coming tomorrow) plus one more surprise family guests (tomorrow) sure is making this an interesting show trip. Nick's parent find it hard to watch their son risk life and limb for show business. It's fun to watch them watching him.
We sold out of the stuff we sell at the shows in AZ but luckily FEd EX brought in new supplies so kids can have a cool remembrance of our show.
I bought Jim a big ladder yesterday so the balancing part of the show will be more impressive. Tomorrow I am getting him a grill that we will ignite and he will balance that on his face. Need to keep it hot!
Cynthia called. She is off to a church retreat in Indiana this weekend.
Hard to believe we will stop by home, albeit for only two weeks, this Monday. We will hit trapeze school one day during that time and I will build a Crystal casket illusion while at home to keep things fresh. I am excited about doing the Titus Fair in TX and the Eastern NM State Fair in Roswell. We are thinking of having Nick do the trapeze as an Alien. That might be fun.
God, I love my job.
Well, blessings to you all.

No comments: