Thursday, October 6, 2011

And Windy has stormy eyes....

Today was windy. That is the long and the short of it. Most of the day it blew hard. It was sunny warm and sandy. Our first show wasn't until 5 something so we spent the time having a lazy day. But just walking across a lot to a store next door was enough to chap lips and get sand in every open hole int he body. We stayed in until we had to go. At the fair the banners in our banner line were like full bellowed sales on a schooner boned for Hong Kong in a Typhoon. We did the first show in the 26 mph wind with 42 mph gusts. And yes I ate fire to my chagrin. The wind not only blew it whipped around which meant I had fire coming at me a few times. Experience ruled the day and I stayed safe but boy oh boy do I hate eating fire in this kind of wind. I can thank Calico Ghost town for the experience.
Chief Running Bull played with his newly found Knockers. You old folks, do you remember these from the 70s? They are making a come back.
Model. I bought Lukas the headdress as a late birthday gift.
Well, out side of that nothing much to report. The wind died down by the second show, it was a night show, and all was good. Cheers.

No comments: