Sunday, October 9, 2011

On the road home.

No pix today sorry!
We did an 11 hour drive from Roswell to Kingman, AZ....we are just on the boarder with Cali. I am going to have to readjust my mind to accept driving only in the right lane at 55mph or face a $1000+ ticket. Read today Cali is outlawing anyone under 18 from using tanning beds. Not that I think they are a good idea but shouldn't that be between a teen and their parents...why is the state involved? Oh, yeah they think we are stupid and need a nanny. Before we left the oil change place lowered my tire pressure and refused to but more in because Cali law forbade them from doing that. (We keep it higher because we pull heavy stuff.) Nanny state love.
OK that was a rant...sorry.
I have one more rant though. We can't seem to escape hotels owned by a certain race. I am not racist. I love all races but nearly bar none these guys squeeze us for every cent they can manage. We are staying at a middle of the road hotel...not the best, not the worst. The guy at the desk made a big to do about giving me a discount of $10 per room. I went on line to find out he is actually overcharging me by $4.00 per room. The website said, "Pet friendly"...the registration card says, "no pets". When I informed the man we had an ADA dog (after registering) he wanted to move us to a different room, he wanted to see my ADA card ( I showed him) he wanted to charge me $10.00 more. Finally I put my credit card back on the desk and said, "you can't ask for the card, but I'll show you. You can't change the room. ADA dogs get FULL access. You can't charge for an ADA dog. Each of these or even questioning about the dog, according to the law, can garner fines of at least $500 for the individual and again for the company.
One friend has become so angry in dealing with hotels where the owners are of that race that if he smells a typical odorous food of this race or sees a person of that race in a hotel lobby he will go somewhere else. Sadly very few hotels are owned by other races anymore, even many of the big ones.
I rant here because this summer I had been cheated or lied to by hotels like this so many times I have become tired of it. RV time I guess.

No comments: