Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Roswell...Kickin' It At Da Fair!

Welcome to New Mexico! Greeted with happy gas prices....well, comparably speaking. By the end of this blog it gets even happier.
We arrived in town town and dropped the show trailer off at the fairgrounds. Then we headed to the hotel with a stop to a fast food joint for dinner. The fastg food joint next door had this sign....
Here we are, all set up. The first day all the shows went well with our smallest audience being around 150 people. The evening show was well over 300....for a Monday night. No, they did not give us enough seats. Seams all the fairs this year have underestimated our drawing power and gave us way too little seating.
Victor has given it away ...he is really an alien too.

Lukas being cool. That makes for a great segue to weather. It has been pretty cool here weather-wise. Though it hit the mid 80s on the first day it has been hard pressed to reach 80 ever since. In fact, last night (Tuesday) we had a Thunderstorm hit us, lightly at first, about ten minutes before the end of the show. No one left, all seat stayed full. Then just as Jim was about to wrap up his part the clouds opened and we were deluged. It rained all night. As I write this I am looking out the window at wet streets and puddles, and a gray sky.
How does he do it?
Hmmm. Here's a hint.

That would explain this...but it's cool to look at.
During a performance....Jim had a ripping good time.

Given some attitude.

Togetherness.

Here is one of our crowds. This has been the average. Even in the rain.
I think they are enjoying the show.

OK, so Monday afternoon I get this funny feeling in my gut. I pull through the last show and make a mad dash to the cleanest restroom I can find. I will spend much time there. By nightfall I am feeling fit for the grave. Jim had a similar bug a couple of days ago at the last venue. Looks like I picked it up. Tuesday Morning we had five 30 minute shows for special needs kids. I did each one with great anticipation for the last one so I could go back to bed. In the photo above I actually took a nap in the trapeze crate since it was the only place without New Mexico dust.
By Tuesday afternoon I was doing better and finally decided to try and eat something. It would take one more looong night sleep to make me feel better. At least mostly better. That was last night.
I told you it gets happier. Can you believe these prices? How can NM do these prices and Cali can't?
Today our shows don't start until 4pm so we are going to play tourist this morning.

No comments: