Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Calico Postings

HUGE CROWDS! We have been incredibly blessed this year in that everywhere we performed we pulled in great crowds. In some places the size was relative to the market. For example in Winchester, KY on a weekday after a heavy rain the fair had less than 100 people on the grounds and we had most of them at our show...huge for the situation. But for the fairs and amusement parks we worked this year the crowds have been relatively and visually large.
Here is a picture of a Calico crowd and this was from one of the smaller shows. I am happy to report that many people have come year after year just to see us. I don't say that to brag. I am just reporting what no less than 50 people told me personally. I also took straw polls before a few of the shows asking, How many of you is this your first Trip to Calico?...your first Ghost Haunt?...your first time seeing us? How many of you have seen us many times? Some folks even sent us some pictures...the ones with me and my nails and Jim juggling fire were sent to us by one such fan.
Once every five years we do our old time photo. Amelia and I are in our show costumes Jim, Miles and Victor are partially in their costumes and partially the shops. Olivia is in a shop costume. Victor is as happy as a tick on a hound dogs back since he has two guns in his belt, a bag of loot in one hand and a stick of dynamite in his other hand.
Fan sent picture. Human Block head.
Another fan sent photo. Awesome.
As we waited in the car line to get into the park on the first day we saw Alvin and his buddies frolicking around.

Amelia was too short so she jumped and I timed the shot just right.
My Aunt and Uncle from nearby Barstow are a couple of our biggest fans and always make time to come over to Calico and see us.
On a whim Jim decided to balance the 78 lb bed of nails on his face during the show. A hundred phone cameras appeared in the hands of the audience as he did it.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Wow!! The Bed of nails pic is Awesome, bummer I missed that show. The old time photo is very cool too!!