Thursday, October 20, 2011

Barstow, Ca

After a long drive down to southern Cal we have arrived in Barstow, CA. I call it a long drive in spite of the fact it was only 8.5 hours and compared to most of our driving this summer that is a short drive, because we had to do it at 55mph because we are pulling a trailer and we had to stay in the raggedy beaten-up right lane behind diesel-smoke spewing trucks the entire way. Gotta love California laws.
For most of the trip each of the kids took turns napping. They also did their home school work. I envied their slumber. I never was able to shake the morning sleep out of my head and I am looking forward to slamming down a burger and crashing for the night.
I wish I could report something exciting. The radio news day sure was a full one: Qaddafi was killed today (everyone-France, the rebels, Obama, etc- are tripping over themselves taking credit for it). Michael Jackson's doctor's trial is going on in SoCal. And the Governor of Cali signed a cap and trade bill today that should kill business in California once and for all.
On the dog front, Belle was excited to be on the road again. At every gas stop she got so excited. She loves to go romping around the greenbelts around gas stations and leave her mark. Grant it if the mark is a solid mark we pick it up. She took to her favorite spots in the van and seemed very content to be on the move again. She's a travelin' dog!
I am looking forward to seeing old friends and relatives. We have been coming here for 15 years so we have made many friends over those years. We have also had relatives here since I was a child. It's always good to see them.

No comments: