Saturday, September 26, 2009

Made it to Eastern New Mexico...Amarilo By Morning.

Catch Up photo of me and the girls in Iowa.
Dreaming of the pie!

Eric the Extraordinaire and his dad helps us make the pumpkin levitate....it rose .254 cm.


Kevin the stage hand.
Marty Python the Iowa Sound man.

Wyoming on our drive home....the first day of Fall.
Today Olivia is chased by dinos.

I'm about to be eaten...4 year old Olivia took the picture.

I forgot to mention and warn all of you who travel Hwy 40 into Arizona yesterday. The Gestapo is on the loose. Every year I have traveled Hwy 40 into Needles I have noticed the last 10 miles (the long down hill grade into Needles) is a Highway Patrol duck pond. This year even more so. Seem they are doing fundraising for Cali. I have seen their increased enforcement of speeding laws more and more as the Cali budget gets worse but this year, and particularly on the stretch i just mentioned it's crazy....they had four cars pulled over on my side of the road only. A couple buzzed passed me on their way to their next "duck" and I saw a few on the other side heading up the hill to set up their run. I want to mention that I have the utmost respect for the police. I love our local cops in my home town and the deputies across America have always been great but the California CHP are a different story. it seems the state goes out of it's way looking for the biggest neurological jerks to be chippies. I have met hundreds across the state as they patrol fairs and festivals and individually some are OK but in a group or on patrol they are *****!

I realized that I really need to move out of Cali. I noticed that leaving the state makes me happy and coming back is depressing.

Today was an all day drive though it wasn't a tough drive.
Word from Red Bluff is all three shows went really well. Jim called to tell me that someone took photos of us at last year's fair out there and entered them in this year's photo contest at the fair. The one with Jim in it won second place at the fair.
Being on the road doesn't stop business form being carried out. In fact I booked gigs for Feb 2010 while in the middle of the NM desert. PTL
So what does a 44 year old dad and his 4 year old daughter do while driving 900 miles? We sing, we listen to Jungle Jam and Razzle Flabins, we make faces at each other, we attack the snack box, we play silly games, and she sleeps sometimes (wish I could). It's been a lot of fun. Today we were "chased " by dinosaurs. We are hoping to find a restaurant that cooks rattlesnake for lunch tomorrow.

No comments: